[sword-devel] web front end

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 13:47:50 -0700

My suggestion, for what it is worth, is that you aim high and make
something that you are glad to say you did. Making something that is very
well done will attract more developers that can help create more versions.
But if you start with something that is too limited or clunky many will not
be interested in it. Christians often want to write small, fast programs
that will run on the most limited system, so they can be used by some poor
missionary overseas. But, todays large cutting edge program is tomorrow's
small obsolete program anyway.

Again, let me stress that it is good to enjoy doing these things. God loves
a cheerful giver. I believe that goes for our labors of love also. And the
more you enjoy it the less likely you will be to suffer burn out or regret
not taking more time to do the things you really wanted.

Jerry