[sword-devel] Mac version

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:31:02 -0000

On 22 Dec 99, at 18:38, Trevor Jenkins sent forth the message:

> On Wednesday, 22 December, 1999 14:10:41, Daniel Glassey
> <danglassey@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm kinda working on a wxWindows port which will work on
> > linux(gtk), windows, mac and os2 (and more if the library gets
> > ported to more things),
>
> Isn't there a wxWindows port to Macs? There's a group working on a
> portable email client (Mahogany) that are using this for
> cross-platform compatibility.

Yep, those 4 are what it is currently being ported to (oh and various
unixes of course).

> > ... but I don't have a mac available.
> >
> > Is there any chance you (or anyone else around) have a development
> > environment on mac and could try things out?
>
> I've got a couple of Macs here, including the PowerBook I use for
> email. I've got CodeWarrior installed on the other one;

great :)

> I need to get the kids off it first. :-)

*grin*

> With two machines I can check that there
> are no CodeWarrior IDE dependencies. I'm probably not able to devote
> much (development) time to Mac port as I'm still getting to grips with
> the environment.

compilation and testing are the main thing, though it won't be until
next month that I'll have somthing worth playing with (holidays and
all that). If you could see if you can get sword compiled for the mac
at some point (no rush :), it'll probably take a while to sort out the
usual cross platform problems of headers and missing functions ),
and after that wxMac that would be great.

Regards,
	Daniel