[sword-devel] new FAQ

Torsten Uhlmann sword-devel@crosswire.org
13 Dec 1999 11:12:27 +0100

    Chris> The way I would personally suggest that a FAQ be managed is
    Chris> through FAQ-O-Matic, which allows multiple maintainers to add
    Chris> and modify FAQ items easily over the web.  The CGI for
    Chris> FAQ-O-Matic is available at
    Chris> http://www.dartmouth.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jonh/faq.pl and an
    Chris> example implementation can be seen over at
    Chris> http://faq.horde.org/.

    Chris> Let me know what you guys think of that idea . . ..  It would
    Chris> be a lot easier to point feedback and support requests back
    Chris> to a FAQ than it is to compose a new message everytime
    Chris> someone asks how to unlock modules.

    Chris> --Chris Little

I installed Faq-O-Matic at home and it works well. I know no other
faq maintanance tools though so I can't compare it.

I use it as a kind of knowledge base where I step by step include tips
and tricks on programming (SWORD) and other things. So the very helpful
answers Troy once posted to me get a home now where I can easily find
them.

All in all Faq-O-Matic is easy to install, also if you are not root
(I did it at work in my user space). I still have to see how it reacts
on large text bases.

Joachim, don't we want to have something like this on bibletime.de ?

--
Torsten Uhlmann

http://www.tuhlmann.purespace.de
Wise men still seek him.