[sword-devel] A chance to support smaller language groups

Michael Paul Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 08:56:11 -0700

If you would like to help in scanning and/or keyboarding Bibles in various
languages, and can commit to accurately typing 2-3 chapters of the Bible
per month in a language you probably don't know, please contact David
Landin (WA)
<wa-uk@iname.com> and tell him you are responding to the Wycliffe
Associates article asking for help, and would like to offer your services.

I did that, and yesterday I got a copy of an old typeset version of 1
Thessalonians 3 in the Hausa language to type in "standard format." They
sent me instructions on how to type the text (plain ASCII text with some
tags starting with \ in column 1, and character pairs like "=a" for a with
a macron accent above it, etc.).

What better way to establish a good reputation with Bible societies and
translators (and therefore be of greater influence) than to help them in
their work?

_______

Michael Paul Johnson
mpj@eBible.org    http://ebible.org/mpj