[sword-devel] Copyright Scripture distribution

Joel Mawhorter sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 23:06:00 -0800

> As to the Turkish NT, if no one is working on an electronic version, I
> know one of the 'workers' here who are almost finished making a new
> translation into Turkish.  They must have internal electronic versions
> around somewhere; they may be willing to let you use it to make a SWORD
> encoding. (Then again, based on some of those letters, maybe not.)  At any
> rate, I'll ask him Sunday.

If you are able to get permission to use/distribute this Turkish NT please let
me know! I would like to make a Unicode version. The limitation with SWORD
right now is that in order to use many translations with non-latin character
sets you have to encode them in one of the many different encoding "standards"
and then use an X server or Windows version designed/patched for that encoding
scheme. Any chance of Unicode support in SWORD, Troy?

Joel