[sword-devel] thml widget ?

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 20:53:45 -0800

> I've found some errors in the danish bible module and fixed them, they
were mostly errors from scanning and I have a copy of the original, so it's
alright. However the verses are no longer right, so I figured I must rebuild
the *.vvs file or modify the original file that the sword module was build
from. Do you know how I can do this? I want to help out with this,
especially since I want to use it myself ;-)
> I tried asking Troi and on the list but I didn't get an answer yet.

There is actually no easy way to reindex Bibles since there are no indexers
that will take the format that the modules are stored in as an input format.
(Commentary and LD modules are a different case since they remain in the
format that their respective indexers expect.)

The best way to reindex, that I can think of, is to print out the entire
text using my commandline frontend from
http://www.gotjesus.org/diatheke/diatheke-2.0.tar.gz .  The command would be
something like "diatheke -b Dan Gen1:1-Rev22:21".  Then use the rawtxidx
indexer, whose source is in the ~sword/src/modules/texts/rawtext directory
to build a new index.  This could very likely turn up some errors though in
the indexing because I'm not entirely certain of the format that rawtxidx

If you don't feel like going through all that, you could email me a patch
file of your ot & nt files (or the whole module if you prefer) and I can get
a new version of the Danish Bible module indexed and put on the SWORD site
fairly quickly.

--Chris Little