[osis-users] Markup for notes in RSV

Peter West lists at pbw.id.au
Fri Sep 20 08:07:10 MST 2013

I'm looking at adding the footnotes from the Catholic Edition of the RSV to the existing (non-Catholic) version of the RSV file.

This is my first encounter with OSIS, so I have a few questions.

Mark 1:1 has the following text:

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

followed by a superscript "a." The footnote for "a" is:

Other ancient authorities omit _the Son of God_.

The recording of notes and variant readings seems to offer a wealth of possibilities.  What's the best practice?

The first cross-reference for Mark is this:
1.2-8: Mt 3.1-12; Lk 3.2-16; Jn 1.6, 15, 19-28.

What is the best practice for this markup?

Thanks.

Peter West

"Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord."