[osis-users] OSIS cross-reference questions

Brian J Dumont brian.j.dumont at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 10:42:05 MST 2012

Hi Markku,

I am not an OSIS expert, but I will give an attempt:

1) I would suggest both of these as legitimate OSIS which you could
select between:
<note n="1"><reference osisRef="Gen.1.3 Exod.26.15-Exod.26.30">Genesis
1, 3; Ex. 26, 15 -30</reference></note>

or:

One thing that I'm pretty sure is INVALID is a reference like:
<note n="1"><reference osisRef="Gen.1.3 Exod.26.15-30">Genesis 1, 3; Ex.
26, 15 -30</reference></note>

or anything with nested <note>s

2)mostly covered above, but let me expound:
<note n="1"><p>This note gives explanation of why these references are
here, including <reference osisRef="Gen.1.3">Genesis 1,
goes on to say <reference osisRef="Exod.26.15-Exod.26.30">Ex. 26, 15

3) To my understanding this is allowed in OSIS but unsupported and hence
I would avoid.

I hope this helps some.  Like I say, not an expert, but I'm pretty sure
this works.

Blessings,
Brian