[osis-users] subType="x-??" type="x-split" in crosswire.org KJV module

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Nov 2 16:28:19 MST 2010

Dear Kamal,

If you would like to utilize these tools to help with your Arabic /
Greek interlinear work, please have a look at the work we've been doing
with our online community software:

http://community.crosswire.org

This is the framework we plan to use to host future community projects
which allow volunteers to contribute to new datasets like your
interlinear project.  The software we used for the KJV2003 project no
longer works well with newer versions of Java, sadly, but our plan was
to make the interlinearization tool available for use in our community
framework.

The idea is that you could setup and manage your project, with similar
status pages as the KJV2003 project (have a look at the status page for
the CSNTM project in the community framework) where volunteers could see
what work is still available, request a chapters of work to be assigned
to them, and show their progress as they work on their assignments.  The
interlineariziation tool will be usable for the work, but it needs to be
rewritten to use browser standards and javascript instead of the Java
client that you have downloaded.  The code in the Java client basically
does most of it's work inside of a Java HTML component anyway, so I'm
hopeful that much of the code can be reused.

Let me know if this interests you and we'll try to up the priority of
the interlinearization tool.

Troy