[osis-core] Add <verse/> to <title>

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Thu Jan 5 12:30:01 MST 2006

Troy,

I did not get the original message so this may bounce from the list. If
so, can you subscribe patrick at durusau.net?

As I understand the problem from Todd, what is needed is as follows:

WARNING: NOT VALID OSIS MARKUP

<title><verse osisID="Ezra.10.23" sID="Ezra.10.23"/>Among the
Levites</titles
<list>
<item>Jozabad,</item>
<item>Shimei,</item>
</list><verse eID="Ezra.10.23/>

In other words, the USFM allows marking that portion of the verse (and
not repeating it) as a title and placing the verse number before it,
then continuing with the verse.

Todd said there were about 10 examples in the source he had. Actually if
you look at Ezra10:23 in the NIV Study Bible, it looks fairly close to
what he described.

Thanks for your example, however. I did not consider doing:

<verse osisID="Ezra.10.23" sID="Ezra.10.23"/>
<title>Among the Levites</title>
<list>
<item>Jozabad,</item>
<item>Shimei,</item>
</list><verse eID="Ezra.10.23/>

Too simple of a solution occur to me. ;-)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

Todd, what do you think of Troy's suggestion?