[osis-core] Re: div types in OSIS

Jim_Albright at wycliffe.org Jim_Albright at wycliffe.org
Mon Jan 3 20:25:08 MST 2005

This is a commentary. The normal book chapter verse reference is
sufficient.

I don't see how annotateRef really helps me. My goal is to encode the
commentary so that I  have preserved all the logical divisions and then be
able to round trip the OSIS document to Word ML.

What I need is several sub levels to hold the verseFragment and
verseFragment2, etc in.

Jim Albright
704 843-0582
Wycliffe Bible Translators

Todd Tillinghast <todd at snowfallsoftware.com>
01/03/2005 04:33 PM

        To:     Jim_Albright at wycliffe.org
        cc:     Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org, Dennis Drescher <dennis_drescher at sil.org>,
Jeff_Gayle at sil.org, Larry_Waswick at sil.org,
osis-core at bibletechnologieswg.org, osis-user at whi.wts.edu, sderose at acm.org,
todd at contentframeworks.com
        Subject:        Re: div types in OSIS

Jim,

Is this a Bible or a Commentary (or a thing structurally like a
Commentary) you are trying to encode?  (Possibly, translators helps?)

If it is the later you can use the annotateRef attribute (most likely
with grain references) to precisely indicate not only the levels but
also the exact portion of sub-text you are annotating. (You should be
using annotateRef anyway if you are doing what I suspect you are doing.)

Further if this is not a Bible you are free to define your own internal
reference system and use osisID="A.A.1" then for its children
osisID="A.A.1.1" and osisID="A.A.1.2", etc...

Todd

Jim_Albright at wycliffe.org wrote:
> Here are the divs found in the wild in SIL commentary:  Translator's
Notes
> on 2TI.
>
> name in TN                      level           current working name
OSIS

> p-TitleCenterMedium a >         main type="main"
>                                         b* >            majorSection
         type="majorSection"
> p-Box3Section c >                section type="section"
> p-Box4ParaNoSpace|p-Box4Paragraph                d > paragraph
type="paragraph"
> p-VerseReference                e >                verseFragment
type="???"
> p-MarginSpaceB4[child::TextCited]                        f >
verseFragment2                  type="???"
> p-IndentBlockSpaceB4[child::TextCited]                g* >
verseFragment3                  type="???"
> p-Indent1stSpaceB4[child::TextCited]                        h*>
verseFramgent4                  type="???"

div[@type="paragraph"]/div/div
div[@type="paragraph"]/div/div/div
div[@type="paragraph"]/div/div/div/div

div[@type="verseFragment2"]