[osis-core] quotes as highlight?

Patrick Durusau Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org
Fri Oct 15 13:17:51 MST 2004

Guys,

Jim Albright had a good question on the use of quotes as highlighting.
That is the quotation marks are not for speech per se but for other reasons.

We don't have quote or doubleQuote as type on <hi> and I was thinking
that we may need to add them.

Highlighting with quote marks is real common, usually for foreign words,
which of course should be marked with <foreign> but I think we need to
provide for cases where we simply don't know why quotes were used.
Having done more volumes of some of the journals published by SBL in
markup than I care to remember, I can assure you that quotes are used
with no apparent rhyme or reason by some authors.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org