[osis-core] Tasks from Dallas

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:21:58 -0500

Guys,

In preparing for the conference call and to confirm what needs to be
done to the schema, I have extracted the following lists (one for the
schema, other more general) for the notes from Dallas. Hope this will
speed the conversation along!

Schema tasks:

Discourse markers:

Modify <seg> to allow USFM markers: <seg type="u-qc">

Selah: <l type="selah">

refSystemDecl:

UBS has six: original, lxx, vulgate, english, russian prot. russian
orth, dutch traditional

(need to determine file syntax)

Verse/Chapter starts: add to schema (?I don't know what this means?)

Title:

Required in work but needs to be maxOccurs=unbounded

Hi:

highlighting of "nd" of 2nd ... <hi type="ordinal"> add super and sub to
<hi> types

And that was the morning and evening of the first day... ;-)

Line:

consensus: add type=unknown; add enumeration (extensible) for
justification types. ql/qc/qr, left/center/right,
left/center/right/start/end; start/center/end

Narrowed by poll to l/c/r or l/c/r/s/e. Finish on list.

Num:

Need to add and adapt TEI num element to mark numbers, measures, etc.

TEI <num> element would be nice for this. Takes type and value.

We should specify a single format for the 'value' attribute: some
XSD numeric type that covers floats and integers.
Types: card/ord/pct/frac -- plus x-

Should we also add measure?
It has samples weight, count, length,  area volume, currency.
We also need time durations (xsd has a duration type)
TEI timeRange doesn't really do duration

length, mass, charge, angle, solid angle, temperature, time,

meter, kg, sec, amp, K, mole, candela

Minimal set: length, time, currency, volume, count, area, mass.

reg is a pure numeric value.

add unit attribute: pick from somewhere.....

Reserved characters:

In the end: lemmas and morphs etc. are semantically osisIDs into
other documents. It seems it would disturb an awful lot of
already-complex syntax, or require some ugly mode switch/double
prefix/something. In the end we ended up keeping the same reserved
characters, and deciding to add to the manual very clear statements
of the list, and recommendations of what to do with legacy
identifiers that include those characters. The reserved characters
are:

      (space) - : [ ] @ !

Period can be used but not doubled.

Other tasks:

PDL/SJD: write proposal on adding small subset of TEI app crit to schema

I have not covered any other issues, open issues from the bug list,
etc., and suggest we take those up in two weeks.

Hope everyone is having a great day!