[osis-core] Question on: General Defaulting Mechanism

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:56:18 -0500

Guys,

Some time ago I started a thread on a general defaulting mechanism.

Current thinking is that it would go in the header and would have the form:

<setDefault path="//GI@AttributeName" prefix="osisWork">

header currently has <revisionDesc> and <work> in that order.

This would add <setDefault> as the third element in that list.

I read the proposed syntax to mean"

<setDefault : GI for this element

path="//GI@AttributeName" : note the use of "//" means that attribute
name anywhere in the document. So, probably most useful for elements
where having the same work prefix everywhere is acceptable.

prefix="osisWork"> : means that the prefix is established by the value
of the osisWork attribute on a work element.

Note that the users manual will say that use of a prefix will override
the defaulting provided by this mechanism.

I don't see any reason to add attributes to this element.

Comments or questions?