[osis-core] lang inheritance....

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:54:15 -0500

Steve,

Did we ever solve this one?

Not really sure how much of a problem this will be with milestones.
Should be fairly rare (Troy? Todd?) where you have overlapping
quotations that are in different languages you are marking with xml:lang.

Rather than prohibit it, since it could well be useful on Troy milestone
elements, suggest we say that the meaning of xml:lang in the case of
overlapping milestones is undefined.

If use of xml:lang is a real issue for a project, they can always fall
back onto <seg> for those critical cases.

Inelegant I know but I think that will be the best we can do.

Comments?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick