[osis-core] unbalanced <q> elements

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 04:11:37 -0800

I'm marking up the TEV and could use some advice.

We've got <q/> for marking balanced quotations.  And we've got
<milestone type="cQuote"/> for marking continuation quotes.

1) If I'm marking quotation levels, how should I indicate this on
continuation quote milestones?  Should they be linked with their <q/>
parent elements (perhaps with a new cID attribute, similar to the sID &
eID attributes)?

2) If I have unbalanced quotes that are not continuation quotes, how
should I mark them?  Perhaps with a <q/> that has an sID or eID but
without a matching <q/> with the same value?  Specifically, I have some
close quotation marks inside of notes that lack matching open quotation
marks.

--Chris