[osis-core] <resp>

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:03:08 -0400

Chris,

I talked to Troy late yesterday (my time anyway) about this issue.

As I understand his example, he wants to record what (Strong's numbers)
were entered by who (person) and the date of entry, along wtih the who
(person) proofed (correction/approval of Strong's numbers) and the date.

Since this is production information that will not appear in a public
version of the text, or well, need not appear, I suggested creating an
extension to the schema to allow an element to hold this information.
After reading your post, there really isn't any reason to not use the
resp attribute, albeit with a little more complex structure than one
associates with attribute values.

At first blush I would suggest:

(((yyyy-mm-dd|who|what)|)?)*

being required in prose and prohibiting the separator "|" (also in
prose) from appearing in the "who" or "what" portions of the expression.

Semantics: applies to the specified "what" inside the element which
bears the resp attribute.

Suggest that the "what" be fairly specific, Troy's Strong Numbers is a
good example. Not much doubt about what was added or proofed.

Note that you could have any number of dates, whos and whats in the
string, perhaps addressing different "whats" inside the container.

I talked to Todd yesterday and I think we may need to have a separate
technical manual that goes beyond the users manual now under
construction. I can't imagine this being of interest to anyone hand
coding texts but would be of interest in production environments.

Does the solution for resp work for everybody?

Thoughts on having a separate technical manual?

Hope everyone is at the start of a great day!

Patrick