[osis-core] power.....

Steven J. DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:35:09 -0400

Well, the power's still out here.

I have a 5kw generator all primed and ready to go, just pull-start
and then flick 2 switches in the basement to cut over to it. But it
won't start, even with new oil and gas and spark plug.

so i'm now typing by candlelight, running the laptop on batteries,
and have 2 lantern batteries hooked up with clip leads to power the
DSL modem, which is now upstairs after some strange recabling. I'm
somewhat amazed it works at all. Maybe I should run a 12V outlet to
my room from the garage, so I could just hook onto the car
battery.....

Anyway, they say it may be a week before power is back up to
everyone, so email here will be sporadic for the next few days....

Steve DeRose -- http://www.derose.net
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net
Email: sderose@acm.org  or  steve@derose.net