[osis-core] <subject type="LCSH">

Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:49:31 -0400

> Patrick,
>
> Can you give an example of the usage?
>
> <subject type="LCSH">what goes here</subject>

<subject type="LCSH">Bible. O.T. Jeremiah--Versions</subject>

In other words, it gives a clue as to what classification system was the
origin of the content of <subject>.

> It seems to me that these values are really things that should be PSIs,
> at least we are using them in the same way we would use a PSI.  The type
> defines the "namespace" and the PSI value goes a PCDATA.

No, quite orthogonal to PSIs. All this records is its "classification"
in a known system.

For a topic map that mapped PSIs, we would have an entry for the
association between Jeremiah and Versions (recessions or some such), and
then have the various "subjects" from different catalogs shown as
occurrences of that association.

Does that help?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick