[osis-core] annotateRef: Question on whitespace

Steven J. DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:19:52 -0400

How about allowing whatever the unicode ellipsis character is, to
function as a wildcard in the s[] argument? That would not be
shitespace, but would give us a simple upgrade. It's unicode 2026.

I wouldn't mind just prohibiting the space (was just talking to prd
about it on the phone), but it does have the drawback that you can't
refer to non-first instances of the string.

Also, doc should say you should go as far down as you can with
straight osisIDs before using a grain -- like, you shouldn't be using
grain that count from the top of a book all the way to the 5th
chapter, or something.

--

Steve DeRose -- http://www.derose.net
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net