[osis-core] annotant div type

Steven J. DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:06:11 -0400

At 11:26 AM -0400 9/15/03, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>Greetings!
>
>Partially just a question to make sure I understand what was intended:
>
>From the minutes:
>
>catchWord vs. q tells difference between commentary and quote??
>annotateRef is probably better basis for distinction
>
>type for the "text" being commented upon:
>
>Discussed:
>
>  - commentTarget
>
>  - argument
>
>  - passage
>
>  - commentaryTarget
>
>  - referent
>
>Decision: Chose ->  annotant div type-- (add)

So, this means that if I have a text (as in Bible text) that is in a
commentary, which has other text (such as the commentary), I use the
div type of annotant, to separate the Bible text, which may have
divs, from the commentary text?

Right. I think this was for use in commentaries, where annotant would
be like a block a scripture (maybe in the commentator's translation),
and then the commentary proper on it would follow. Not sure what it
has to do with catchWord, though, other than abstractly.