[osis-core] type on identifier and subject, syntax of content

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:52:43 -0700

Patrick,

Am I correct in understanding with your proposal that _careful_ users
who are conforming to best practice would ALWAYS use a prefix?

Not best practice:
<identifier type="OSIS">Bible.es.RVR.1960</identifier>

Best practice:
<identifier type="OSIS">prefix:Bible.es.RVR.1960</identifier>
where "prefix" has a corresponding work element?

Also the following

Not best practice:
<identifier type="dewey">dewery_decimal_identifier</identifier>

Best practice:
<identifier type="dewey">prefix:dewery_decimal_identifier </identifier>
where "prefix" has a corresponding work element?

Also the following

Not best practice:
<identifier type="not_in_the_manual">some_identifier</identifier>

Best practice:
<identifier type="not_in_the_manual">prefix:some_identifier</identifier>
where "prefix" has a corresponding work element?

AND ALSO Best practice:
<identifier>prefix:some_identifier</identifier>
<identifier type="OSIS">prefix:some_identifier</identifier>
where "prefix" has a corresponding work element?where "prefix" has a