[osis-core] xml:lang and <language>: final call

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:50:07 -0400

Greetings!

Do I understand the discussion on xml:lang and type on the <language> to
be as follows:

Note: xml:lang is required on osisText

The type attribute should be restored to <language>, with the list,
IETF, etc., which I took out thinking we were moving towards a consensus
on the osisGenRegex mechanism.

Thus:
<language>
<xs:attribute name="type" type="languageType"/>

Calling:

<xs:simpleType name="languageType">
		<xs:union memberTypes="osisLanguage attributeExtension"/>
	</xs:simpleType>

Which incorporates:

	<xs:simpleType name="osisLanguage">
		<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
			<xs:enumeration value="IANA"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="IETF"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="ISO-639-1"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="ISO-639-2"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="ISO-639-2-B"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="ISO-639-2-T"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="LINGUIST"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="other"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="SIL"/>
		</xs:restriction>
	</xs:simpleType>

And the only remaining issue is documentation (on this point)?

I nominate Todd and Chris to write up a suggested description for usage
on xml:lang as well as the type attribute on <language> and the content
of <language>.

Hope everyone is having a great day!