[osis-core] osis.1.9.8 attached!

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:40:39 -0600

I think that we should be able to annotate any of the values that would
conform to osisGenRegex.

<osisText>
   <header>
      <work osisWork="s">
         <title>Strongs Numbers</title>
      </work>
   </header>
</osisText>

This is fine as long as the osisGenRegex value does not have a hyphen in
it (as is the case for Strongs numbers).  However, if one the
annotationRef values does have a hypen then it would not be possible
disimbaguate an osisGenRegex with a hypen from an osisRefRegex with a
range.

As Troy has pointed out there are cases where the identifier value for
an osisGenRegex would naturally have a hypen.  Because we already have
said that a hypen is reserved to indicate a range and both osisGenRegex
and osisRefRegex should occure togeather in an annotateRef list of
values, I propose that we NOT allow hyphens in osisGenRegex and require
that encoders replace the naturally occuring hypen with a substitute
character.

Is this an acceptable solution?