[osis-core] osis.1.9.8 attached!

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:22:27 -0600

Troy,

Prior the metting in Dallas that led to OSIS 1.5 I was using a type on
most <title> elements and requested sanctioned "type" values of most of
the values I thought made sense.  However, it was pointed out that in
most every case the <title> elements were the first and direct child of
a <div> element and that the "type" of the title could be derived from
the "type" of its parent <div> element.  As a result there are only a
few sanction type values "type" on <title>.

For  <title type="main" subType="x-Book"> you should only need <title
type="main"> as it is likely the child of <div type="book">
For <title type="sub" subType="x-Chapter"> you should only need <title>
because it is likely the child of <chapter>

For <title type="sub" subType="x-Section"> you should only need <title>
because it should be the child of <div type="section">.  However I don't
see <div type="section"> in your list.

The type="sub" is intended for a case where there is a main title
followed by a sub title like the following.
   <title type="main">Matthew</title>
   <title type="sub">The Gospel According to Matthew</title>

If you are interested, if you send me a Bible book I will try to encode
it without the x- problems you are describing (with the execption of the
OT cite issue, which still has not sanctioned mechanism, either a <cite>
element or <q type="OTCite">).

Todd