[osis-core] 1.9.5 (no errors) -- Strong's numbers

Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:45:10 -0600

Chris and Patrick,

I believe that Chris' solution will not give him what he is looking for
without making the attribute an xsd:list the same way osisID and
annotateRef are.  We have an opportunity to make the attributes in <w>
more robust by adopting the same regex form as osisID.  This way the
prefix could be defined clearly with a <work> element.

Ex:
<osisText ...>
   <work osisWork="strongs">
      <identifier type="OSIS">the proper identifier including version of
strongs numbers</identifier>
   </work>
   <work osisWork="x">
      <identifier type="OSIS">the proper identifier</identifier>
   </work>
      <w lemma="stongs:1234 strongs:4553 x:Text>text</w>
</osisText>

This eliminates the need for the "|" character to separate values AND
provides for the file size to be greatly reduced by using "s" rather
than "strongs".

(Westminster?)