[osis-core] Strong's numbers

Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:23:51 -0400

Guys,

Kirk Lowery advises that MORPH is not widely used enough to include so
long as the "x-" is available. Zondervan uses the Edward Goodrick and
John Kohlenberger III system, written on their website as GK and G/K.
Since it is used by Zondervan and likely to be used by others, I suggest
that we do "Strong" and "GK" plus the extension.

Probably will need to do something with morphology and syntax when we do
the linguistic annotation module but that need not trouble us now.

So, bottom line is that I am inserting the stuff Chris requested as is.

Should be backwards compatible. Use "Strong" with new texts but
"x-Strong" validates as well. Will mean that applications need to be
mindful of the attribute values but applications that use attribute
values will probably be for specified texts. (?, true/untrue)

Hope everyone is having a great day!