[osis-core] OT Quote in NT

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 23:54:44 -0700

> It also sounds like you're using <q> and </q> just as stand-ins for
> open/close quotation marks rather conceiving of them as a container for
> a quotation itself.

Actually, after re-reading this, I'm not sure I understand your
accusation.  Rest assured I _am_ conceiving <q></q> as a container for
whatever we define as a 'quotation itself'.  Not sure any other
conception would be XML-friendly.  Not sure if you are accusing me of
'rather conceiving' this way, or posing an alternative to how you think
I am conceiving: 'rather [than] conceiving'.  But in either case, I
think we agree.

We should be:

	...conceiving of them as a container for
	a quotation itself.

I think it is the definition of a quotation that we need to
resolve/solidify.

PS.  Not to lose site, I'm still hoping for an element/mechanism apart
from <q> to markup OT allusions found in the New Testament regularly
marked with SMALL CAPS in modern, literal translations.