[osis-core] Esth. corrected

Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:34:29 -0700

Chris,

I am not saying that the KJV will not require milestones but only having
two overlapping hierarchies (BCV and quotes) rather than three (BSP,
BCV, and quotes) does make it a little simpler.

I have some experience in helping _newbies_ encode OSIS documents (one
training class in TX and one in the UK) and people did not struggle with
using <chapter> and <verse> milestones.

I think the first thing we show users should be two examples:
1) Book/section/paragraph: This should include <chapter> and <verse>
milestones and containers for books, sections, and paragraphs.

2) Book/chapter/verse:  This example should be of a translation that
does not include sections and paragraphs as they must be encoded in the
style of the first example, if quotes that cross chapter and/or verse
containers are present they should be encoded as milestones.

With these two examples we should make the reader aware that they must
use the style of example #1 if sections and paragraphs are present in
the encoding.

If we don't present the overlapping markup issue at the very first, it
will only make things much harder for people later on.