[osis-core] Esth. corrected

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 13:41:14 -0500

Chris,

Todd can answer for himself but from my conversations with him I suspect
that he thinks that the KJV is an anomaly in terms of modern translation
  practices which tends to favor structures that cross verse boundaries.

Whatever the merits of modern translation practice, there are a lot of
historical texts that do not follow that practice.

Since I was using his text as a sample, I was simply following what he
had entered. We now have a couple of more weeks on the users manual and
I will have time to "cook" the examples to be more focused than looked
like I would have time to do with the original schedule.

Should have copious notes that direct a user to more advanced treatment
of some issues, like verse boundaries. I really dislike works that force
the reader to hunt for material relevant to their problems. Perhaps, not
in the first beta release, we need to have indexes something like: Guide
for Encoding Modern Translations, Guide to Encoding Classic Translation
and the like, being pointers to the relevant materials on each one,
perhaps not in the same order as presented in the manual.

Thoughts?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick