[osis-core] <chapter> needs to be a child of <p> (and probably other elements.

Sat, 31 May 2003 05:25:38 -0400

Chris,

Chris Little wrote:

>Patrick,
>
>There's an unpleasant case at the border between chapters 12 & 13 of
>Revelation.  Older verstifications (e.g. KJV, NIV, NKJV?) end ch 12 with
>verse 17.  If this is the case and the edition divides into
>paragraphs/sections, then chapter 13 begins immediately before the end of
>the final paragraph/section of chapter 12.  Rev 13:1 is actually half in
>one paragraph/section and half in another.

Not sure how you can tell that a paragraph is divided? I looked at the
Logos version of the NRSV and it has a paragraph that starts with Rev.
12:18, has a large 13 (I assume indicating the "new chapter.") and then
continues the paragraph to 13:4. I did not load the older English
translations off the CD onto my laptop, but looking at this one
translation, it looks like the "other" paragraph is entirely in Chapter
13? (Or is this an artifact of the translation? It does have the 12:18
you mention.) But in that case, isn't it splitting a verse and not a
paragraph?

If it is the last case, I really don't see a reason to let chapter split
a verse. Hmmm, ugly case that would require you to either milestone the
verse or the chapter. So what do transalations that end with 12:17 do
with the portion that is now 12:18? Just start off Chapter 13 with no
verse text? Not sure how that would look.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick