[osis-core] div type="date"

Fri, 30 May 2003 00:12:47 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Todd Tillinghast wrote:

> > Vigils, Matins, Lauds, Terce, Sext, None, Vespers, & Compline are the
> > medieval prayer times.  Lauds/Vespers would probably be more precise
> > for both Sunrise/Sunset and AM/PM, but since no one knows those, I'm
> > not recommending them.
>
> What would this look like?  (01.01.Sunrise and 01.01.Sunset)?

I guess that sounds semi-reasonable.  At least I haven't thought of
anything that seems better if we want to suggest all these times as
possibilities.

Maybe these non-canonical dates ought to be expressed like 01.01!Sunrise.

(And what about leap day?  That's clearly an apocryphal date.  Sorry, it
was too obvious to pass up.)

Considering that Sunrise is the median point of the AM span and Sunset is
the median point of the PM span, maybe we should just merge these into a
more general "Morning" & "Evening" and not specify whether it indicates
point or span.  If you need to be accurate, use a time.

--Chris