[osis-core] Chapter type?

Thu, 29 May 2003 06:36:11 -0400

>I don't think we need an enumerated "type" attribute for <chapter>.

Agreed.

>Also, you should not need <div type="chapter"> because there is a
><chapter> element.  But does that mean that you should not use a <div
>type"chapter">.  I can go either way.

Hmmm, would think that you should use one or the other. Content model is
the same.

Part of me says that we should drop <div type="chapter"> since users
have the option of using <div type="book"> followed by <chapter> and
<verse>. Seems to me confusing to have other documents that are: <div
type="book"> followed by <div type="chapter"> and <verse>.

Does seem cleaner in terms of instruction to say
div(type="book")/chapter/verse as the option if you want chapters, and
div(type="book")/div(whatever type/whatever other divs, etc for other works.

Comments?