[osis-core] mID vs mS and mE

Wed, 28 May 2003 16:58:06 -0600

This is better than the "s---"/"e---" option but if the attribute is
optional then some encoders would only use the mID and not the mIDType
so the attribute would probably not end up being consistently used and
thus not reliable.  (It is true that you can change a document to add
the mIDType, but this option is only available to the author not the
user.)

This also adds two attribute the same as mS and mE.

Are we trying to use mID and not mS/mE because we don't want to have to
explain how a user should use the two attributes?  It seems to me,
either way we will have to tell users that they have to put a start and
end milestone and they all have to match up as pairs based on the m*
value.  It is actually MORE readable to the end user to see mS/mE
because they know which way to look to find the partner.  With mID the
user (the same as the software) does not know which way to look for the
partner (of course the mIDType would solve this, but introduces the
consistency problem).

see

> >> for

XML