[osis-core] mID vs mS and mE

Wed, 28 May 2003 16:48:07 -0600

The "s---" and "e---" approach is logically equivalent but would be
messier to handle and would be a "can barely live with" rather than a
"preferred" solution.

I suspect I would end up having to use string manipulation functions to
determine if a mID begins with an "s" or "e" and then removing the
character to determine quality.

"verse[beginsWith(@mID, "s") and substring(@mID, 2,
string-length(@mID))=(same sort of thing for the other matching
milestone)] ... more conditions"

vs

"verse[@mS and @mS=following::verse/@mE]... more conditions"

(There could be syntax errors in the above quickly created examples but
I think they give you the idea.)

XML