[osis-core] New milestone use of elements

Wed, 28 May 2003 15:06:13 -0400

Troy,

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

>> What I did was to add the mID attribute to all the elements that can
>> be listed in the milestoneSE type attribute.
>

> I know this is silly nit-picking... but...
>
> Is there a way to have a schema 'form' (speaking Platonic, for lack of
> my schema knowledge) that declares the attribute mID as valid.  We
> could call the form, 'milestoneable' or something-or-other, then the
> elements that are milestoneable could 'be of|inherit|get' this form.
> This way we could have all the docs regarding the 'milestoneable'
> semantic at this point, including all the OSIS rules regarding such.
> I realize they will just be pros, but at least they will be where
> someone would expect to find them.

Not sure what you mean by "declares the attribute mID as valid." What I
think you want is to have the semantic of having an attribute value for
that attribute defined. In other words, if I am using this as a
container, then no mID attribute value should be declared. If used as a
milestone, then declare the mID attribute.

BTW, I think this container semantic with mID goes beyond most of the
other milestone work I have seen. Maybe we should work up an article for
xml.com or somewhere about it.

Patrick