[osis-core] Quotes of scripture in an OSIS document that is NOT a Bible.

Sat, 17 May 2003 13:58:36 -0400

>In OSIS documents that are not Bibles, it is a common to see a quote of
>scripture text followed by the reference.
>
>Does it make sense to add an optional osisRef attribute to <q> and
><milestoneStart> to accommodate this frequent issue?
>
>Example:
><q  osisRef="Matt.20.28">The Son of Man did not come to be served, but
>to serve . . . </q>
>
>rather than
><q>The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve . .

Well, I agree that your first example captures the content and one could
always grab that reference for display at the end of the <q> string but
doesn't that create two ways to encode such references? My only concern
would be that some people would use the second example and others would
use the first one.

I will put it on the list.

Hope you are having a great day!