[osis-core] Proper nouns, etc..

Wed, 14 May 2003 10:09:20 -0600

Patrick,

I believe how to represent proper nouns (people, geographic places,
etc...) and how produce a set of such identifiers is on the agenda for
Saturday or our meeting.

We have discussed adopting Topic Maps as the Bible Technologies standard
way to declare proper names and places.  If we had a sample XTM document
with a hand full of topics we might be able to work more quickly at the
meeting (maybe Joseph, Mary, Jesus, Moses, Jeruselem, Galgatha just to
show the structure).  As the local Topic Map expert would you be
interested in creating such a sample file(s)?

I think there would be real value in defining PSIs.

I also think that with a standard representation for proper nouns (Topic
Map or not) that things like "who" in <q> and <speech> can carry a
universal/standardized meaning.

Todd