Wed, 14 May 2003 09:39:17 -0600

Patrick,

The format markers in 1Esd 8:29-40 indicated a table.  In this case it
was a one dimensional table so I used a list (which IS allowed in a
speech) rather than a table which is believe is more appropriate for
this case.

However, I do thing that a table and makes sense within a <p> and there
could be cases where it would make sense within a <speech>.

Within a speech it a person can speak the contents of a two or three
column table fairly easily.  "The winners of the science fair with their
school, grade, category, and placement are: Joe Smith, A High School,
11th grade, biology, first place, Jill White, B High School, 10th grade,
electronics, second place, ..."