Tue, 13 May 2003 20:03:25 -0400

>There can arise cases where a <table> should be the child of a <p> or
><speech> element.

think of a case where someone reads a table off in either a Bible text
or commentary), I don't see the value of adding it as a child of either
one. It is possible to encode a table as a child of either one I suppose
but why would you want to?

Noting that TEI does not allow in <speech> but (improperly in my
opinion) allows it in <p>.

Do you have an instance of where you gain anything from encoding <table>
inside of <p>?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick