[osis-core] Should we allow <divineName> in <catchWord>

Tue, 13 May 2003 19:27:33 -0400

>Patrick,
>
>Welcome back to this side of the pond.
>
>I think one thing that I came across more than any other case was
>quotes.  In some cases unbalanced quotes.  Because the <q> element is
>not allowed, I just the standard double quote character.
>
>Are you of the opinion that quotes within a <catchWord> should be simple
>characters and not a <q> or milestone element?

Not sure what an "unbalanced quote" would indicate? If you want to
include it, I would suggest just treating it as a character, although
you may have to use an entity for it.

We can discuss in Dallas but I really do think that <catchWord> really
is just a string with no structure. We included the few other child
elements, probably a mistake in hindsight, so that encoding could be
entered that would take the reader to other references, expansions of
abbreviations, etc., from right there in the <catchWord>. Probably
should have made them go back to the text.

Patrick