[osis-core] <work> attributes

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:01:55 -0400

Guys,

Apologies for not drawing attention to this addition earlier. It was
added due to discussions Steve and I had in Covington.

The <work> element has three required attributes:

<xs:attribute name="osisWork" type="osisWorkType" use="required"/>

Same as always.

<xs:attribute name="type" type="osisWorkClass" use="required"/>

<xs:simpleType name="osisWorkClass">

           <xs:restriction base="xs:string">

        <xs:enumeration value="content"/>

        <xs:enumeration value="declaration"/>

           </xs:restriction>

</xs:simpleType>

Which allows a work to be declared as "content" or as a declaration (did
not want to say refSystem as you could have a list of names, translation
table from one reference system to another, etc.).

<xs:attribute name="subType" type="osisWorkSubClass" use="required"/>

<xs:simpleType name="osisWorkSubClass">

    <xs:union memberTypes="osisContentWorks osisDeclarationWorks
attributeExtension"/>

</xs:simpleType>

<xs:simpleType name="osisContentWorks">

           <xs:restriction base="xs:string">

        <xs:enumeration value="Bible"/>

        <xs:enumeration value="Commentary"/>

        <xs:enumeration value="Lexicon"/>

        <xs:enumeration value="Literary"/>

        <xs:enumeration value="Other"/>

        <xs:enumeration value="Sacred"/>

           </xs:restriction>

</xs:simpleType>

<xs:simpleType name="osisDeclarationWorks">

           <xs:restriction base="xs:string">

           <xs:enumeration base="NameList"/>

           <xs:enumeration value="RefSystemMap"/>

        <xs:enumeration value="RefSystem"/>

           </xs:restriction>

</xs:simpleType>

Note that osisWorkSubClass is the joinder of two different classes of
works plus the attribute extension.

We should have documented it as soon as we wrote it down, but didn't. :-(

Hope everyone is having a great day!