[osis-core] 3.2.2. Book Titles

Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:40:15 -0700

Todd Tillinghast wrote:

>Yipes!!
>
>I don't remember "short" being voted down.  I actually remember just the
>opposite.  The "short" title is NOT captured by the osisID.
>
><title type="short">Matéus</title> is not captured by

Sorry, my mistake, it was divTitle that covers short title, not the
osisID.  So you would encode it as, <div type="book" osisID="Matt"
divTitle="Mateus">.  The reason to avoid using <title> is because the
short title isn't part of the document's actual text.  The short title
margin material like the page number, so it should go in an attribute.

>At present there is not an enumerated list for type attribute values for
><title>.
>
>I also had "parallel" and "continued" in addition to "sub", "main",
>short", and "psalms" (It was argued that it should be "psalms" not
>"psalm")

"psalms" doesn't make sense to me.  It's a title of a single psalm, not
multiple psalms.

>What it "acrostic" for?

<title type="acrostic"> would mark the Hebrew letter (or sometimes the
name of the letter in Latin script) that heads each acrostic division of
Psalm 119.  They are sometimes rendered as part of the verse, sometimes
not (depending on the translation).  They are canonical.  They are
essentially titles to their respective divisions.

--Chris