[osis-core] <lb> element - did we make a mistake when we added it?

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:47:52 -0600

<snip>

> I don't think marking linebreaks (in addition to the lines themselves)
> in poetry is a common occurrence at all.  I've never seen it outside
of
> the CEV, and I think that occurrence is arguably bad practice, though
> it's not our place to fix the translators' mistakes.

I agree that it is a more rare case and that my perspective is
influenced by spending time with the CEV.

If it is RARE then we should consider REMOVING <lb/> and forcing the CEV
(who may likely be the sole user of the <lb/> element) to use <milestone
type="line"/> and admit that we were unduly influenced by a single text
at the time of the meeting.

Todd