[osis-core] OSISCore.1.4.54 plus test suite - leave out the ":" in grain

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:32:12 -0400

>Patrick,
>
>I am not sure why we need both a ":" and a [..] in the structure for
>osisID and osisRef.  The ":" seems unnecessary and leaving it in would
>make it easier to identify the presence of a work prefix, because you
>would only have to check for the presence of a ":" not a ":" that occurs
>before a "@".

Much confusion. First you say it is unnecessary, then you say leaving it
in would make it easier to check for the work prefix. Hard to argue with
you when you take both sides! ;-)

Note that ":" only occurs before @. Recall that the second one in osisID
is part of a separate osisID in a list of osisIDs.

There is only one in osisRef (since it can only have one work prefix),
well it does occur after the @ sign for cp and s but that has been true
for quite some time.

A little more explanation please?