[osis-core] Example/Best practice example for <lb/>

Sun, 8 Jun 2003 01:05:29 -0600

Steve,

I would be interested to see an example of how you would encode the
lines in Ps a using the new <lb> element.
If you can give me a Ps.1.1-Ps.1.3 re-encoded, I can LIKELY recreate the
pattern, for the rest of Ps.

I can scan and email to you the three different variations I have of the
printed editions.

My recollection is that the following would be correct:

<lg>
	<l>First Part of a Pair of Poetic Lines</l>
	<l type="indent">Second Part of a <lb type="breakType"/>Pair of
Poetic Pair of Lines</l>
</lg>

Where the <lb/> element records line break information for
formatting/presentation purposes, but two <l> elements are used for
lines put on separate lines for "poetic" reasons, where the meaning of
"poetic" is left to the discretion of the translator.

Patrick, should we consider an osisLineBreak enumerated set of type
values of <lb> for the following:
possibleBreak
possibleWideBreak
possibleNarrowBreak