[osis-core] Alpha attached, needs two regexes

Sat, 7 Jun 2003 23:41:07 -0600

Patrick,

<snip>

> 2. The date regex? See Steve's note on what is required.

<snip>

I have not fully digested what Steve sent on dates, but I think that we
should do something that does not require a change to the regex.  I
think the only thing that would require a change to the regex for osisID
(and osisRef) would be the use of ":" rather than "." to separate parts
of the identifier.  I don't think we can use ":" as a separator because
we have already used it to separate the "prefix" from the rest of the
identifier and we can use "-" because it is already used for osisRef.

PROPOSAL:
1) Leave the regex the same for osisID and osisRef relative to a dates
related influence.
2) Adopt as much of the form provided by various standards mentioned in
Steve's email as make sense and use "." as a delimiter when a ":" or a
"-" is used.
3) Use the "T" character to separate HHMMSS information.

Todd