[osis-core] <chapter> in <lg>

Sun, 1 Jun 2003 23:58:16 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 31 May 2003, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Not sure how you can say that a <p> crosses a <chapter> boundary since
> in traditional printing you would have an end to the <p> just before the
> sure how else it would be represented in print.

My NIV & NRSV do it by printing the chapter number mid-paragaph so that
there are lines above (& below & beside) the chapter number in drop-caps.

NASB doesn't include real paragraphing, so paragraphs are identified by a
bold letter or pilcrow.  In which case, the absense of these signals that
a new chapter is continuing a paragraph from the preceding one.

--Chris