[osis-core] x- usage?

Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:19:11 -0600

Steve,

That sounds like a good idea.

It may mean that we should accelerate the development of element
specific enumerated types.

A note of caution: As we expand beyond Bible text, we will likely see
"type" attributes that differ based on the document type.  If we are
going to put the "best practice" type attributes in the schema we may
have different "type" sets for different types of document practices.
(Example: the type values for sermons will differ from those in Bibles.)

I see two options:

1) After we adjust the schema to have named simple and complex types we
CAN create derived schema that include specialized sets of enumerated
types.

2) If we find that there are really not that many differences we can
simply just bloat the enumerated types a little.