[osis-core] RE: Work Issue

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:19:26 -0700

Patrick,
>Todd,
>
>Before you jump off into another issue, let me see if I have the old
one at
>least partially understood:
>
>We have a KJV Bible that for whatever reason, also has Hebrew Bible
>versification marked in the text itself, for example: Gen:1.1/Gen:1.1
and
>so on.
>
>And you want to have a single work element that has both reference
systems
>inside the work element, so you can use either one? Sorta like the
editions
>of Augustine that have multiple reference systems in a single edition
so
>you can go find stuff in other editions?

Yes, but ONLY for the THIS <work> element.

>So as we are now, with the text having only one attribute to point at a

>single work element (which is every thing inside it) you don't know
which
>reference system is meant if both are recorded inside the work element?

Yes.

>And this is a problem for osisID only?

Yes.

As stated in my prior post, with the current schema there is a problem
with the SECOND <work> element used with the non-default prefix of
osisIDs, when an osisRef, from within the same document, is made using
the SECOND <work> element.  It would seem that the reference should be a
reference using all of the meta-data of the THIS <work> element, only
that the identifier is relative to the reference system of the SECOND
<work> element.

>Just making sure I understand the use case first.
>
>Breaking for dinner now, back in a while.

Todd